Monday, July 5, 2010

Fourth of July Fun

We headed downtown to for the 4th of July celebration. The boys are getting bigger now and we've started to get braver=)




These were the sandwiches I made for our picnic. Notice the basil. It was picked fresh from my own basil plant. I felt like such an amazing homemaker going outside and picking a few leaves...haha!

Our boys are not afraid in the least to explore and wonder off. It kept us quite busy. We had a blast, but to say it was a relaxing picnic would not be true=) It would have been really nice to have a fence around our blankets. Here is Shep (14 mo) contemplating his escape route.

The cookie was a ploy to get him to stay on the blanket.

Notice, another cookie...
An attempt at a family picture.

Take 2...not as successful.

It was all worth it to see the wonder in their eyes. The boys LOVED it. Shep just kept pointing and saying, "Woah!!"

I convinced them that if they laid back in the stroller they could see the fireworks better...haha! Conner kept saying, "Mama, look at that one!!"

"Wooaaahhh!!"

Happy 4th of July!!









2 comments:

  1. Sweet pictures. I love the cookie ploy, haha.

    That sandwich looks absolutely amazing, and I'm inspired to have a basil plant now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought the plant at Whole Foods for the same price it costs to buy fresh basil at the grocery store. Basil is so expensive and now I can just go out a pick a few leaves whenever I want!!=)

    ReplyDelete