Monday, July 11, 2011

day 2 of 28

First of all, thanks for all the prayers! Keep them coming. Today was a good day, despite the fact that I probably only had about 25 min to myself the entire day. We went to the park really early and played for awhile. By 10 am it was too hot and we headed home. The boys played well together today. THAT.IS.HUGE. Hoping this is a new trend;)


Every summer I stock up on all the little preschool books in the Target $1 bin. Conner can really do them this year.


Every page gets a sticker, of course!



It sure helps the afternoon pass a little more quickly.



It's funny how much more fun something is when it's in a new location. I moved the car rug into the living room and it was a big hit!






I think Shep is getting much closer to being potty trained. He went in the potty 3 times today and before bed last night. He's very aware of when he's going and he'll say, "I just had an accident in my diaper." He's gone off and on since before he was 2, but I think we're moving in the right direction now. He likes to go whenever Conner does. Speaking of Shep, that kid can talk! Tonight he said, "Look what I found. It's my little tiny car I was missing." I think that's pretty good for a boy at 2 yrs, 2 mo! And of course, it's super cute with his little lisp.


Time for a coconut popsicle and my book. Pray for good rest tonight. The last two nights I have not gotten a lot of sleep.








2 comments:

  1. I usually have a child wake me up every morning and he's usually the last one to fall asleep...which sometimes is even AFTER I've fallen asleep! So, I live pretty much every day with no "down" time. You can do it!!! And now that I'm trying to potty train a stubborn little boy I've come to realize, they just have to decide to do it. Your other option is putting him in underwear all the time and cleaning up the messes when he makes them (and that gets wearying quickly, too!) I'm trying to convince my son that pooping in the potty isn't going to kill him. Or at least to ask for a pull up!! Arrrrgh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, just so you know. Conner starting peeing in the potty at 2 yrs 8 mo, but he just finally started pooping in the potty a month ago. He hated it...not sure why. I finally told him he was too old for diapers. I refused to give him one (bribed him with some cars) and told him 3 1/2 yr olds couldn't wear diapers;)

    ReplyDelete