Friday, August 12, 2011

Favorite part of traveling

One of my favorite parts of traveling is trying all the local foods. There really is no better way to really experience a place.

I was in Maine during blueberry season. I love blueberries and they have the real deal in Maine. The blueberries are small, wild and full flavor. Some amazing blueberry pie.


Some wild blueberries we picked in Acadia.



Of course, the main food you have to try in Maine is lobster. The lobster bisque and lobster stew was amazing and the best thing was that it was actually cool enough to eat soup. (in July!!)


We stopped at a Lobster Pound on the way home from Bar Harbor. Here is Zack ready to commence at his first lobster.





I wasn't quite ready, so I had a lobster roll. Did you know the hot buns in Maine are different? They look like the bread in my lobster roll. Basically, a piece of white bread, folded in half.





There were ice cream parlors everywhere, which I thought was strange, since it doesn't get very hot there. I decided ice cream parlors are to the northeast, what taco stands are to Texas. This little place was amazing. It looked like it was straight out of the 1950's, complete with a mini-golf course. That's one of the things I love about the north east...it's so quaint.




So glad I could visit Zack for a few days and so, SO glad he's back now. Yesterday Shep said, "Daddy's home now. He's not at school anymore. I can talk to him."

No comments:

Post a Comment