Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Traveling and 4 More Days

Yep, only 4 more days until Zack comes home! I had the opportunity to visit Zack for 4 days, while the boys went to AR. I'll try to post about the trip soon, but first are some pictures from Houston. The boys and I visited my brother last week-end.

On our way to the Aquarium. We parked by Daniel's office, so we could take the little metro train. Conner was beyond excited. It has been his dream to ride on a metro train ever since he saw the Curious George where he rides on a subway.

Swimming



More silly faces



Sunday we went to Galveston for the day. The boys had a blast. Shep hadn't been crazy about the beach when we were in Florida, but two-and-a-half months made a big difference for him. He wasn't afraid at all this time! Wish we lived close enough to make it a day trip...just a little too far.


Jessica drove down from Dallas to see the boys!



I totally forgot to bring any pails or shovels. Shep improvised with a sea shell.











Texas beaches definitely aren't like Florida beaches, but it was nice.



I wasn't crazy about how muddy it was. The boys got filthy!



Hello, August. Actual temperature yesterday (and today, too). I'm wondering if it will get worse. Glad we have a nice pool, freezer pops, a blockbuster and a library near by=)



2 comments:

  1. Looks like a lot of fun! Glad you made it without your husband, I know how extremely tough it is. Glad he's back home now though!!

    ReplyDelete