Thursday, September 8, 2011

First Day of School

September is finally here. It's been a long summer folks. This week we got a little break from the heat (think highs in the low to mid-90's!) We've actually gotten to go for some walks in the morning again. This morning as we saw Daddy' off around 7:30, Conner said, "Brrrrr...it's cold out here!" and then Shep said, "It's a snow day!!" We decided to go for a little walk before getting ready for school. Conner was quite determined to wear his new jeans and light jacket, although by this point it was already 70 outside. Glad I have one boy who appreciates clothes that aren't pajamas.


Headed to school. Notice the clothing choice of the boy on the left.



Shep and I had some special time together at Starbucks.




Bliss




It's amazing how much you can get done with only one child! I did two loads of laundry, dishes, cleaned a bathroom, made some brownies for Zack's rehearsal and even MADE MY BED!


The boys were so happy to see each other after four hours apart. They played so sweetly this afternoon. Conner included Shep and Shep didn't wreck any of Conner's projects (sound familiar to any of you moms out there??:) It was a good day. Now, if only Shep would start napping again.


Shep quote: I asked him a question about what color something was and didn't hear his reply, so I asked him again. Shep: "I already told you Mom. It's white." He sounded exasperated. He's probably thinking, "What a dumb question. I mean, I'm 2 yrs and 4 months. Don't you think I know my colors??"

1 comment:

  1. He looks so grown up and ready for school!

    I've yet to have a pumpkin scone, but hopefully soon. :) Josh loves the pumpkin bread, which I've been trying to recreate at home.

    ReplyDelete