Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Proverbs 3

I've been thinking about Proverbs 3:5-6 lately. One of those verses that we've all read a zillion times, but it has encouraged me in a new way the past few weeks.

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths."

Most of you know we are almost done here in Austin. Zack's doctoral recital is this Friday. He's starting his dissertation and will graduate in just a few short months. I don't think it ever crossed my mind all these years we've that he wouldn't find a job, but I've been discouraged lately. There have only been a handful of openings in his field and for some of them there could be hundreds of applicants. Worry has started to creep in. I know God is in control, but the situation is very daunting. I read Prov 3 last week and part of verse five struck me...

"do not lean on your own understanding..."

That is exactly what I was doing. Looking at the small number of positions out there is overwhelming. It looks almost impossible, but I was leaning on my own understanding of the situation, instead of trusting God with my whole heart. Does this mean, God will provide a job for Zack right away if I just trust Him? No, but I can trust that God is leading us and He will provide for us, just as he has the past 4 years. He's not going to leave us.

Please pray for us as we seek God's will for our family and pray especially that we would trust in the LORD with all our hearts!

1 comment:

  1. thinking about you guys and praying. can't wait to see what He has in store for you guys.

    ReplyDelete