Tuesday, October 4, 2011

It's amazing

It's amazing how fast things can deteriorate. Especially, around dinner time. Any one relate? After recounting the events to Zack he said, "You have to blog this."

It all started with Shep "accidentally" spilling his milk all over the floor and Conner saying he was too busy to eat dinner. He decided to sweep the floor. Shep comes into the kitchen I'm trying to pull food out of the oven and to announce his spill. I quickly say, "Conner don't sweep the milk" Any Mom of a little boy will know that that is automatically would they would do. I turn around to see Conner sweeping the milk everywhere with a broom. Ask Conner to go to his room. Clean up all the milk.

While I'm disciplining Conner, I leave Shep at the table eating his salmon and brown rice. Upon coming back out I see Shep standing next to his chair eating rice that had fallen on the chair. The rice was in a puddle. Yes, the puddle was pee. Talk to Shep, clean up the puddle on the chair and the floor.

We've been having a huge ant problem since it hasn't rained in so many months. As I am opening the oven to check the zucchini, I notice I left a plastic ant trap filled with liquid poison sitting on the stove. Without thinking I lift it up to toss it in the trash, but it is practically melted and spills into the oven. I didn't think any got on the veggies, but not taking that chance. Now I need to figure out how to clean ant poison from my stove.

All that happened in a span of about 15 minutes. Just think, in April will add a newborn to this crazy mix:)

1 comment:

  1. You're pregnant?! Congratulations. I didn't even know, so sorry, I was just catching up on your blog. Love the story. It is amazing what can happen in such a short amount of time. I can only imagine what two little boys are like :) Thanks for sharing, it's good to hear that other moms struggle as well :) Do you know if y'all are having a boy or a girl yet? We are going to have a girl in January. I'm very excited. :)
    Love you Molly!

    ReplyDelete