Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Two pictures

Picture #1

This picture pretty much sums up what the past couple days have been like around here. This time change has been particularly hard. I'm not sure why. I talked to the boys about it ahead of time and kept them up an hour late Saturday night in hopes it would help, but no. Shep got up at 4:45 this morning and fought me for 2 hrs. Wish I could say he finally gave in and went to sleep, but no. It was a rought morning. I was very discouraged. Not sure why my boys have always fought sleep so much. I set very clear boundaries, remind them of what is expected every night and discipline accordingly. I will admit, in one of my weaker moments, the thought "and why am I having another baby??" crossed my mind. Parenting is just hard work! It is also so revealing of the sin in my own heart.



Picture #2

I'm 17 wks, 2 days. I'm finally starting to feel more "normal" and have even been able to drink a little coffee, which due to the circumstances surrounding picture #1, I have desperately needed:) I've felt the baby since week 15, but this week have really started to feel some actual kicks. Yay! I can't wait til the boys can feel the baby.



Holding down the fort tonight. Zack is in Dallas for the performance of two of his choir pieces in his friend John's doctoral recital. All is quiet. Think I'll go to bed early!

1 comment:

  1. oh geez, the time change has been rough on us too. your bump looks adorable though!! maybe the most laid back, compliant child ever made is in there! haha.

    ReplyDelete