Thursday, November 22, 2012

Peppermint Brownie Recipe

Ok, as promised, here is the recipe.  It's funny.  I used to make these all the time when Zack and I were dating.  He loved them.  I was looking through recipes and I realized it had been YEARS since I last made them.  Felt a little bad and wanted to show my husband I still love him very much:)

Warning: the following contains huge amounts of butter.

Peppermint Brownies

Cake layer:
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter
4 eggs (yes, you saw that right)
1 cup flour
1 16 oz can chocolate syrup

Mix in order given and bake in 13x9 pam @350 for 20 min. Chill.

First frosting:
2 cups powdered sugar
1/2 cup butter
2 T milk
1/2 t peppermint flavoring
few drops green food coloring

Mix all of the above and pour over cooled cake. Refrigerate to set.

Second frosting:
1 cup chocolate chips
6 T butter

Melt. Stir well. Cool a little and then pour over green frosting. Refrigerate and then serve when set.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment