Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Fall is Here!!

Today it not only looked like fall outside, with blustery skies and wind, but it felt a little bit like fall. The high was only 68 today...woohoo!!!! It was just one of those cozy afternoons that begs for one to make banana bread and curl up with a book and coffee. That is just what I did. Conner napped a little while today, so I got some "me" time. It was nice.

You can't beat coffee, Tim Keller and cozy slipper socks. I'm definitely not whining today.


Yes, I'm happy. I've been dying to wear my new GAP thermal under ware shirt. Excuse the picture...I'm terrible at self-portraits.

A few Connerisms: Last night my hair looked a little nicer than usual, since I was going to my bible study dinner. Conner was staring at me with a funny look on his face. He said, "Hey, Mom, look at you!" I said, "Look at what??" "Look at your hair! It looks silly." Thanks. It made me remember how my brother-in-law Eli, now almost 9, always had an opinion about my hair. He didn't like it when I had it in a pony-tail, or if I tried a new style. He would tell me point blank he didn't like my hair. When Zack and I started dating, Eli was Conner's exact age now. Wow...time really flies. I'm going to turn around and have an almost 9 year old.

We walked around our block on Sunday night for some goodies. It was Conner's first time to trick-or-treat. We don't eat candy at all, so Conner was beside himself. At the first house he very a-matter-a-factly told the man as he held up his little bag, "Just fill it to the top".

My Nikon is getting repaired. I really don't take a whole lot of pictures right now, but I'm major bummed because I won't have it back until the very end of November-at the earliest! I just have my fingers crossed that I'll get it back in time to take a picture of the boys for our Christmas card. Talk about a bad time to have your camera die. At least, it takes all pressure off of me making a solo trek with both boys to the pumpkin patch. There is no way I'm going to attempt that, if I can't even take pictures to prove I went=P

Here are some pictures from our "camping trip" to the kitchen.


We had to bring a lot of the stuff on our back porch into our house while the porch was painted. When Conner saw the wagon and the picnic table he informed me that we were going camping. We packed food in the cooler.
Shep was being silly and just wanted to lay on the little bed we made. Conner wanted him to help gather things for the bonfire, but he wasn't interested.


Whenever we go on these excursions, Conner just keeps getting more and more stuff out. I'm trying to find the balance between letting him develope his imagination and teaching him some boundaries, so he doesn't completely destroy the house. As you can see here, the train set came on the camping trip and he is getting puzzles and coloring books out to make the bonfire.

Ok, this has gotten pretty long. Off to watch some more election results. I must say, I'm smiling tonight=)



2 comments:

  1. Yay for coffee, and a good book! Haha, I love how little boys are so blunt about your hair. My youngest brother tends to let me know that I look "different" if I try anything new.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so gorgeous, Molly!
    And Connerisms crack me up! "Fill it to the top." Ha!

    ReplyDelete