Tuesday, November 30, 2010

It's the Little Things

Daddy is out late tonight, so the boys and I had our first official movie night.



I saw Rudolf was going to be on TV tonight. I try not to have too high of expectations with the boys (they are only 2 1/2 and 1 1/2), but I sure was envisioning us all snuggled up together on the couch. We got lots of blankets and pillows out. I was bummed we had no popcorn left! As I sat between two little boys, both with hands full of cars, there was no place I would have rather been. It was wonderful. (At least until Shep got wild and banged Conner on the head=) Would it really have been a boy movie night without a little chaos? I love my boys.

I've really prayed that God would give me more and more joy in just being with them. I've asked friends to pray and God has really answered. Yes, we still have bad days and my situation hasn't really changed, but my heart has changed. I can truly say that I am very glad God has allowed me to be a Mom.

Today we made lots of fun memories. We went to Hobby Lobby. I'm happy to report that the boys broke nothing=) Conner was beyond excited. He has talked about it all day...who would have thought Hobby Lobby would have been that exciting to him? It reminded me that it's the little things that mean the most...things I don't even think about. We listened to Christmas music and had snow man shaped grilled cheese for lunch. We went for a walk and got some hot chocolate. It was a good day.

Conner quote of the week: They have kiddie hot chocolate at Starbucks in the short cups. When I handed Conner his cup, his eyes were shining to have his own Starbucks cup. He marched right over to the table with all the fixins' and exclaimed, "I need to fix my drink." I couldn't convince him that we didn't need to add anything to it. We emptied a bag of raw sugar in and then stirred it up nice and good. Guess he's seen Mom and Dad "fix" their coffee a few times. His Dad was quite proud!

5 comments:

  1. Awe, I love the snowman grilled cheese idea! Am I too big for that? Ha! Glad you are enjoying the little moments. Remind me to do that when our turn comes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. it is all about those little things! i am so bummed we missed rudolph! i want to watch that with annie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awesome Molly, what you said about having joy in motherhood. I think it's interesting that even though our situation doesn't change our heart can and that makes all the difference. Thank you for that word, it's good to hear as a mom. Day in and day out can get tiring. Diapers and meals and toys everywhere can be overwhelming, but the truth is that you are raising two boys who will someday become men and change the world, and you are investing in one of the most important times of their lives. That's what blows me away. :)
    Thank you for posting this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for the heads up on frosty!! we'll have to try and catch that one. i love a good christmas movie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are doing great, Molly! Now that mine are much older, I wish I had sat even more and worried about my house way less. I'll be praying for you, too. I remember those long, hard days.

    ReplyDelete