Sunday, February 27, 2011

Milestones

Seems like both the boys have been changing and growing so fast lately. Shep has started showing interest potty training and having success! He is only 21 1/2 mo, so needless to say, I am thrilled! We're taking it slow. I think I pressured Conner too much and turned him off to it. I'm sure the 2nd one is typically easier, since they want to do everything their older sibling does. Shep is so proud. He loves to wear big boy under ware around the house.

Conner has had some big boy moments, too. Sometimes he wakes up pretty early (like 6 am) because he has to go to the bathroom. Usually he would come into our room and wake us up. We'd been talking a lot about how if it's still dark outside and Mommy's light isn't on, he probably needs to go back to bed. It's finally sunk in. He's started either getting back in his bed or playing quietly in his room. The other morning he played in his room 30 min! Hallelujah! What a break-through...any Mom can appreciate 30 extra min of rest! I love having a 3 yr old!!

Here's the boys talking to my family on gmail video chat.



Fun Target $$ bin find. Conner likes to pretend he's on a soccer team, so we made him a jersey of sorts. He wanted to be number 34??


His uncles' basketball team is called the Falcons, so he wanted to be the Falcons.


Trying it on.


Shep doing his shirt.



Conner supervising.

Brother time! Shep just got up from his nap, so that's why he looks so out of it.


February has gone by so slowly for some reason. I think I had hit the "it's been 6 weeks since I've had a break" wall. Zack's family came in Friday for a visit, so it's been a wonderful break from the ordinary. I've had some nice to to myself to get a few projects done. Another milestone for Conner: tonight he's spending the night with his grandparents and some uncles at their hotel. He was so excited. He got to use his new suitcase for the first time. When he left he said, "Don't worry. I will always come back." Zack is having a wind ensemble piece premiered tomorrow night by one of the UT wind ensembles. Looking forward to hearing it.

March looks to be a fun month. So far we have 4 birthday parties, a week-end trip to Houston to visit my brother while Zack is out of town and the county fair to name a few things. Hoping this semester goes by as quickly as the last one.

No comments:

Post a Comment