Wednesday, February 2, 2011

it's been awhile

This is the first time I've felt like blogging in awhile. It overwhelms me right now. I think I also feel guilty writing anything, and expecting anyone to read it, since I haven't read or commented on anyone else.

I've had a lot on my mind lately and I think that makes me blog less, because I don't know where to start. Anyone else ever feel that way?


Conner wanted to listen to the Cars CD.


Shep is really catching up. They wear the same size shirt now.


In other news, it's frigidly cold here. The coldest I ever remember it being for several days straight. And all this after such a mild winter, even for southern Texas. (It was almost 80 just prior to this Arctic blast) We had dug the shorts out and now today we had to dig out the ski jackets and gloves. My hat off to all you Northern people. I don't know how you do it!=)

Our power kept going on and off all morning. I guess the state of Texas couldn't handle the cold weather and had to do rolling power outages. We were reading books and trying to stay warm. Shep hates jackets of any kind, if you can't tell.



He was saying, "Cheese."


Quotes:

Conner likes to play hide-and-seek. Today when he asked if we could play I said, "Sure, I'm a REAL good hider." Conner: "I'm a real good peeker." I initially thought he meant to say seeker, but then he said, "I always peek when you're hiding."

Often when Conner comes in the room in the morning he says, "Hi Sweetie, what's going on??"

Ever since Conner turned 3, he has decided he's the big brother. It's funny because Shep is almost 2 and he is always referring to him as "the baby". He never did this when Shep actually was a baby. I think maybe he is trying to assert that he's the oldest, maybe? Anyway, most of you probably saw how I locked Shep in the car. Shortly after it happened we had this conversation while driving home. Conner: "Mom, don't lock THAT baby in the car." Me: "What baby?" Conner: "That baby right there." (pointing to Shep)


3 comments:

  1. Enjoyed the update and getting to read about ya'lls adventures! You are a trooper of a mom and doing an amazing job :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like reading along! im usually a bad commenter too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, I can't imagine not having power when its that cold!!! I've just been relying on hot tea and coffee to get me through this freezing spell.

    ReplyDelete