Friday, December 16, 2011

well, we tried

I attempted my first ever gingerbread house and I mean, first ever. I decorated one in preschool, but the house was already built. It was a little harder than I thought...lol! I think I was supposed to make the house ahead of time with a special sort of sugar glue and let it set. The boys couldn't wait for that after we opened the pieces, so we tried to stick it together with frosting.


It kind of worked.





Then it collapsed.






We got it back together, but by that time Shep was banished because he kept eating all the M&Ms and frosting off. He got a little excited and frosted his entire hand with green frosting. Conner was quite distraught. Shep headed to the bath tub, while Conner finished it up.




We'll try again next year and I'll plan ahead a little better. The boys sure enjoyed it, though and didn't mind it was rather lopsided. The best part: it kept them occupied a good 45 min:)


1 comment: