Sunday, January 15, 2012

it's a girl!

One of my sweet friends is having a girl, that is:) We had a shower for her yesterday and it was a blast!

I did a first this week. I made my own frosting and it was a revelation. I will never use store bought frosting again! It was so easy and so, SO delicious! I still need to work on the decorating part.


Here's the recipe I used: http://savorysweetlife.com/2010/03/buttercream-frosting/

The mommy-to-be with some of the hostesses.


Most of you know Shep gave up his nap quite awhile ago. Every once and awhile he just crashes. He fell asleep on the couch watching football last night around 6 pm.


I gave the boys some spray bottles with water in them in hopes it would keep them busy for awhile so I could get some work done. They enjoyed it, but it got rather messy and wasn't as peaceful as I had hoped. They kept "accidentally" spraying each other.


Zack starts school Tuesday. He's been busy working on his dissertation all break, which needs to be done around the time baby #3 is supposed to arrive. Looks like it's going to be a crazy couple of months. I am so happy to be able to announce, "This is the LAST semester."

I've read several good books lately. Stay tuned for a book post soon:)

1 comment: