Saturday, March 31, 2012

getting ready

This morning Conner and I had this conversation-

Conner: What day is it today? Me: It's Saturday. Conner: Tomorrow is Sunday and tomorrow it is April!! Me: What happens in April? Conner: The baby comes!! WE made it to April!! It took me awhile to explain to him the baby could come anytime the next 2-3 wks. He was quite determined that the baby would be born tomorrow after church, since, of course, tomorrow is April.

We packed the baby's hospital bag today. Then we practiced putting some diapers on their stuffed animals.

Putting a diaper on his moose.



Ta-da!!





Shep trying it out.





We talked about how Mommy would feed the baby. Conner said, "I'm going to nurse the baby." I told him only Mommy's have milk and he said, "Well, I'm going to try."




We talked about different things we would do to take care of the baby. Conner told me, "I would never jump off the dresser if I was holding the baby." Hmmmm...


They lasted about 5-10 min before things got silly and they were throwing their "babies" all over the room.

This afternoon we made big brother t-shirts. Shep was proud to help and said, "I like my bid brudder shirt."



I let the pick everything out themselves, so the shirts aren't exactly what I would have done, but they enjoyed it.





The boys are excited to be big brothers.

No comments:

Post a Comment