Wednesday, March 14, 2012

a hiking we will go!

We went for our first hike this morning. Since this week is technically spring break, I wanted us to do something all together. Daddy took the morning off and we went to Wild Basin near our home. When I told Conner the name of the park he said, "Do they have pigs there?" He thought I said "wild bacon".





Conner is obsessed with directions, so he was our map guy. He pretty much memorized the map and drew his own when we got home.








As we started hiking Shep exclaimed, "Woot (look) at the spooty (spooky) jungle, Tonner." Conner replied, "It's not a jungle, it's a forest, silly."


The boys. Shep is still wearing his fire hat from the birthday party last Saturday and he's making a silly face, as usual.






We had to cross a stream. How cool is that?






He was actually being silly and didn't fall in, but I thought this shot was great.




Got to do a little climbing. Conner was wearing a mater ring. He slipped a little on his way down and said, "Woah, my ring made me slip a little!"




Shep's stick gun. He was shooting monsters, bugs and animals, of course.




Once again, so glad to have come after rain. There was actually a little waterfall!! Still more evidence that there are pretty places in Texas.





They did real well. We hiked about 2 hrs. Conner didn't want to leave, but Shep's little legs were worn out. Conner said, "I don't want to leave. I want to stay here forever!!!" I'd say the trip was a success!

No comments:

Post a Comment