Tuesday, April 13, 2010

So Proud!

I just wanted to brag a little bit about my husband! He is having an orchestral piece played by the Austin Symphony Orchestra in their 100th Anniversary 2011-2012 Season. I'm so excited for this opportunity and so proud of how hard he works!

Let me back up a little. Around year ago Zack wrote a piece for twelve instruments called Triple Venti Latte. It was performed by the New Music Ensemble at UT. Peter Bay the conductor of the ASO is a friend of the NME Director and came to that concert. He loved Zack's piece and told him if he orchestrated it the Austin Symphony would play it! He orchestrated it last summer. Zack met with him yesterday to give him the score. The conductor is excited about the piece and told Zack he was going to pick an easier piece to pair with it, so they can spend a lot of time rehearsing and polishing Zack's piece. (His piece is very challenging) This is an amazing opportunity and his first major performance. So excited!!

10 comments:

  1. Wow! That is really exciting. Congratulations to Zack. lol And I love the name. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited for ya'll, how wonderful! And I absolutely love the name, makes me really want to listen to it! :) Keep us updated on how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow! Congratulations!!!! Of course, knowing how talented Zack is, I'm not surprised! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, that is exciting! :) The name is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Go Zack! Remember the early composition years at GBFC? I think there is a CD floating around somewhere I should send you, just for a few good memories :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think we have the Master of All Things CD laying around...haven't listened to that in a few years=)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is great news! And that title...wow, how very Zack of him. Haha! You guys will appreciate this...we are doing a coffee toast at our wedding. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. haha...love that idea Mandy!=)

    I knew all your coffee people would like the name. Zack's teacher actually suggested the name. The bulk of the piece and fast...the name fits it. I have only heard the 12 instrument version and it's my favorite piece he's written. Can't wait to hear the orchestra version!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am going to be in Dallas in June and last night I got excited for a minute thinking that you are also in Dallas and we could do lunch or something. Then I of course remembered you're NOT in Dallas, and I was sad. Ah well. It was a nice thought at least. :)

    ReplyDelete