Saturday, April 3, 2010

Time to Swim and Lots of Randomness

I planned to blog last night, but I wasn't able to get Conner to sleep until after 10 pm, so it didn't happen. I really don't know how he keeps those hours.

A cute story. Conner was sitting at the table yesterday finishing his lunch. I had left the room for a minute and I heard him saying something like, "This one is sick". I had no clue what he would be talking about. I came over and saw him very closely examining his pinkie finger. It had a little scab on it. He just kept going on and on about the finger being sick. I asked him if he wanted a band-aid and he said yes. I gave him a McQueen band-aid. He proudly showed Shep, who wanted to touch it. It was his first band-aid besides for shots.


Well, it's been pretty warm this week. I think summer is here now. It's finally pool time again! (I guess it hasn't been that long since we swam last. You can usually swim here from March-Oct) We have a great pool here. Conner has been asking a lot. We went on Wednesday and the water was still pretty cold. Today we went again and it was much better. I think this Momma and her two little boys will be spending a lot of time in the pool the next several months.


It was a little cold for Shep the firs time we went.

Today he got in and splashed around. Looks like I'll have two water babies.

It wasn't too cold for Conner. He had a blast.

Shep needed a little snack, like usual...haha.

I thought this one of Conner was so cute!

Swimming is such a nice option for something to do in the late afternoon. I'm sure any Mom with a little one(s) will agree how long 4-6 pm can get. Just 6 wks until Zack is done. I keep telling myself it will go by quickly. Most days I still feel like we're just surviving. Maybe that's normal? In addition to being gone ALL day, Zack will be gone Tues-Sat in the evening as well. I'm trying to plan some fun things to make the week not seem quite so long.

One more brother picture to close with. Today was not the best "brother" day. Usually, though, they are best buds. Shep can really play now, so Conner is much more excited to have him around. The other day, Conner kept wanting me to check on Shep to see if he was awake from his nap yet. He wanted Shep to play cars with him. Nothing makes me happier than to see my two little guys laughing and giggling together!





No comments:

Post a Comment