Monday, June 7, 2010

It's Been a Long Time

Something very exciting happens tomorrow. Zack and I are leaving the kids and sneaking away for TWO nights. This will be the first time we have been ALONE all day AND all night AND get to really, truly sleep in (with no interruptions)in 2 1/2 years. Also, it's our first over-night trip period in 3 years! Between no family nearby and no money, pregnancy and nursing, time away has been out of the question.

We are going up to Petit Jean to stay in Zack's Uncle and Aunt's cabin. I don't think I would be more excited if I was going to Paris (well, maybe that's an exaggeration). You have no idea how much we need this. I can't wait to hear the silence, read as long as I want to and just talk. I miss just talking and just being. We may not come back and honestly, I don't think the grandparents would mind...haha!

Picked up some yummy food to make, some sorbet and a bottle of wine. Ahhhh...it will be wonderful!


4 comments:

  1. Have a wonderful time, Molly! I have "run away" this week to Branson by myself. Wade made it possible for me to come up here on Sunday and they will join me Thursday or Friday. It is so refreshing! Wade knows that it makes me a better wife and mom after some solitude with the Lord, rest and having uninterrupted time to work on hand projects. Some times you just need to get away for a bit. And I am always sooooo ready to see them again. Enjoy, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is wonderful, Molly, I know you will have a great time. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey nice blog. LOve the way u write. great job!
    I am def gonna be back for more.
    Do visit me if u get a chance

    ReplyDelete