Wednesday, April 6, 2011

At least he's a gentleman

So Conner has his first imaginary friend. His name is Gentleman. He's 5 years old. He's tall and dunk the basketball and can climb up to the top of trees. (Apparently, Gentleman can do all the things Conner really wishes he could do) Here were some of today's conversations. Conner: I'm playing with a real friendly boy. His name is Gentleman. Me: His name is Gentleman? Conner: Yes, and he's a nice boy. He's nicer than Shep. (I'm assuming that is because he does everyone Conner tells him to do and he doesn't hit=) Me: Conner, come help me pick up these cars on the back porch. Conner: Ask Gentleman. He's out there. Me: Conner, please don't throw cars. You know we aren't supposed to throw cars. Conner: It was Gentleman. He doesn't know. Me: Please ask Gentleman to not throw cars. Yeah, those two boys are characters. Maybe they're singing here?

There was a very loud blower outside. Conner decided it was a tornado and this was the damage.



Conner made a drum set last night. He did this all by himself. I was pretty impressed!






Shep gave it a try and sang Jingle Bells.



This is what I found after Conner's rest time. No wonder he was so quiet. He was making a landfill.



Conner's imagination is amazing. He reminds me of myself when I was little. He's always camping, on a trip or imagining some kind of scenario. I'm trying to find the balance of letting him imagine and keeping him from getting every single thing he owns out. He likes getting it out, but not so much picking it up.


Did any of you have imaginary friends or adventures??

3 comments:

  1. oh my gosh!! that kid is hilarious... i love the "ask gentleman, he's out there" hahahahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I hope Gentleman ends up being a good influence...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! I can relate to the mounds of various and sundry things, and the pulling out of everything they own!! So funny!

    ReplyDelete