Sunday, August 5, 2012

six years

Today is our 6th anniversary.  It's been a hard week.  Harder than I thought it would be.  Zack was gone a whole month last summer, but this has been harder.  I think I was prepared mentally and emotionally for that trip, but all this happened so quickly and caught me off guard.  One week we  were in Austin, trying to sort things out, the next week we were gone and Zack was on his way to Nashville.  It was a blur.  I still haven't quite wrapped my brain around the fact that I'm not going back.  I feel a little bit lost.

Someone reminded me yesterday to try to enjoy this time and not to miss what God has for me here.  Not to miss the cute things my kids do or say.  Not to miss the blessings.  LORD, help me not to miss the blessings.

There was a huge stack of old newspapers waiting for the compost pile.  Conner was obsessed with them and passing things out for people to read.  "Here mom, read this. Read this because you like to read.  You like to read the news.  This is for you to read Mom.  You can read it in your head.  I'll read mine in my head, too"  etc  He handed me a paper dated back the end of June. It was the obituaries.  I saw the young face of a soldier, just twenty-eight years old.  He had a wife, probably my age and a baby.  Thank you, God that even though I'm not with my husband today, I can still text him every 10 minutes, if I want to.  I am so blessed.  I know that young soldier's wife would change places with me in a heartbeat.

"The lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; indeed, I have a beautiful inheritance...You make known to me the path of life; in your presence there is fullness of joy; at your right hand are pleasures forevermore." Psalm 16: 6, 11





3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful post, Molly. Just beautiful. Sometimes it is hard to remember to enjoy each moment when you are in the middle of it. But isn't the Lord so faithful to remind us, if we stop long enough to listen.

    And the verse you posted (Psalm 16:11) was Rebekah's verse that we put on her marker. I don't believe that is a coincidence that you posted that verse. The Lord knew I needed to read that and remember we are a mist/vapor and to enjoy each blessing that God gives to us.

    Just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i've been thinking about you so much this week. your attitude through all of this has been so inspiring. i hope this upcoming week is easier and that you catch a glimpse of "the light at the end of the tunnel." big hugs from the gohean girls.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You will never arrive until you're on the other side! Each day is as important as another and brings it's own challenges and blessings with it.Enjoy what you can, have a thankful heart, bless the Lord for His goodness, and remember the good things! I hope the Lord continues to bless you all and gives you clear direction soon. Congrats on 6 wonderful years. We headed to our 33rd this Christmas. It's just a blurr! Love you, Al

    ReplyDelete