Wednesday, August 1, 2012

up, up and away

Sister and I went on a little adventure a couple weeks ago.  My grandma just turned 80 and my family was heading up there for a little visit.  Thanks to my sweet brother and grandpa, Julia and I got to fly up to Iowa and surprise everyone!  She was a traveling champ.  We were even stuck on the plane in a thunderstorm for almost 2 hrs in Chicago and didn't arrive at my grandparent's house until 1 am! 


Julia with my grandma.









My family having dinner by the Mississippi.


It was such a fun time to relax and spend time with my grandma.  I miss her so much!  We spent one afternoon making bows.  My grandma is a seamstress and has a cabinet full of old material scraps.  It was fun to pick out pieces of material left over from outfits she made me when I was little.

2 comments:

  1. wait, is that your mom? she looks so young. also, love that dress :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is! She would love to hear that:)

      We have good taste, don't we!?

      Delete