Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Almost There!

We are almost there! I really didn't know if I was going to make it, but God is faithful. There would be that day here and there that the boys would both nap at the same time or that rare occasion when I would get so spend a few precious hours with my husband. This week is the last week of classes and next week is finals. Zack is checking things off one by one. I'm so proud of how hard he has worked. I really don't know how he does it.

Kinda funny story. Kinda the story of our life right now. Zack has several projects lined up for the summer, but he was going to take the whole week-end off next week. I planned lots of fun things for us to do: the farmer's market, the park, the pool, watch a movie etc. Guess when Zack's final is? Saturday, May 15th from 7-10 pm. He has one final and of course it had to be the last possible day, at the latest possible time it could be. I really just about cried, but decided to just laugh and move on. Will this school ever end??

Zack has gotten a lot of performances this semester. His piece for percussion trio was performed 4 times, twice at UT, at Baylor and at Central Florida. His piece for piccolo and vibes was performed once at UT and the 12 instrument version of Triple Venti Latte was performed once on a local student radio station. He may do a off campus concert of his music in the fall, his percussion trio will be played at UCA in October he will have a horn piece and symphonic band piece premiered in the Spring (they have not been written yet...summer projects). It's been really exciting and makes all the long days and nights alone worth it.

Thanks to everyone who has said a prayer for me from time to time. I'm much excited to have my husband around a little more the next 3 months and trying NOT to think about the fact that we still have two more years of this.

1 comment:

  1. Woohoo for light at the end of the tunnel...even if it is a small amount of time! I know you are so proud of him!

    ReplyDelete