Friday, May 28, 2010

Prayers during Trials


"Our first and natural inclination in any trial is to pray for God to remove the difficulty . But God's first priority is often to strengthen us in the midst of the difficulty rather than to take us out of the difficulty. That's because He can see the treasure that lies at the end of the trail."

I don't know about you, but that is very convicting to me. I complain instead of thanking God for trials. I have very short-sighted vision, while God sees the whole picture. Trial develop perseverance which in turn develop character. Most of the time I know I would just choose the easy life instead of the life that will mold and shape me into the image of Christ.

"For this slight momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison, as we look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen. For the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal." -2 Corinthians 4:17-18


1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful reminder to me, Molly. Thank you for posting=).

    ReplyDelete