Monday, May 10, 2010

Everyday Joys

My busy 2 year old that played so hard, he fell asleep while he was eating dinner.

I'm glad I get to look at this sweet face everyday!

Sharing some ice cream at Chick-fi-let for Shep's birthday!

My Mother's Day gift bag. What meant the most is all the thought that went behind each little gift! I did hint that I wanted Julie and Julia and had seen it for super cheap at the grocery store. The rest were special surprises! We have been wanting to watch African Queen for a long time, but apparently we hadn't been able to find it anywhere because it had not yet been put on DVD...so excited! I love scarfs and Zack picked out a cute one. I had mentioned the other day that I had dropped one of my bigger pearl earrings. Zack noticed and got me some new ones! I felt so loved!!

While Shep was napping this morning, Zack did some of his work from home so I could take Conner to Target, just the two of us. He picked out this silly hat in the $1 bin. Going somewhere with just ONE child is like vacation! I can't believe I didn't get out more when I just had one!

Shep had some alone time this morning, too, but his wasn't as fun. He had his 1 year appointment. He weighed 24 lbs and was 31 in long. The boy refused to sit on the scale, so Mommy got to see how much she weighs. I was pleasantly surprised=)

Have you seen these? My new discovery. I love coconut. Notice the bag is empty.

7 comments:

  1. LOVE the shot of the sleeping Conner! Isn't it funny how they go, go, go and then CRASH! Sweet Mom's Day swag, too, girl! I just watched Julie and Julia on my Netflix instant queue. Loved it. Had a high school friend find Julie's blog - it's still out there (the girl cusses like a sailor on her blog, but not in the movie). I want to try the pretzel M&Ms.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, that first pictures is priceless!! Love your gift bag. I don't think I will ever tire of watching Julia & Julia! :) Have a happy Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these pictures. You are an enabler with those M&M's=). I just started WW online, so I will have willpower (and not go to the store until I forget about them=). Happy belated birthday, Shep!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Coconut M and M's? OMG, I have never heard of them but I MUST get my hands on them NOW!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Conner CRACKS ME UP. I can imagine through him what Spencer was like as a child. It looks like Zack did GREAT for mothers day!!!! Just wait until next year when the boys catch onto the idea of mothers day- won't that be nice :)

    I NEED to know where you get coconut M&Ms. I NEED to.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just got the M&Ms at HEB, my local grocery store. Conner actually found them. You know how kids always grab candy as you go by. He kept saying, "I want some candy" and I just kept saying, "No" until I realized what he was holding! Haha!

    ReplyDelete