Monday, May 17, 2010

Most Wonderful Day!

Yesterday was such a fun day. We haven't spent the entire Sunday as a family since Christmas break! After church was the Spring church picnic. Conner was running all over the place and Shep, well, he was just content to sit in his little high chair and eat anything and everything we gave him. At one point he was the only one on the blanket, but he just kept eating. It was so nice to eat and chat with people and not feel the pressure of deadlines and homework. It was so relaxing.

After ALL four of us getting a nap (can't remember that last time that happened...now you know why it was such a wonderful day!=), we headed to the Austin car show. Conner was SO excited. Conner knows all their names. The kid can spot a BMW, Porsche, Range Rover, Mini Cooper, Lotus...it's crazy.

Shep and I in the Porsche Carrera convertible.


Don't mess with this Momma in the Maserati. That is a nice car.

It was such a beautiful evening. As we headed to our car, I was a bit sad. We passed all these cute little restaurants downtown. I wanted to eat somewhere, all four of us (I was feeling very brave!) and wished we had some money. I remembered a local pizza place Zack has gone to a few times that has 1/2 off pizzas between 5-7 for Happy Hour. We decided to do it! We had the most amazing Greek pizza with Feta, olives, artichokes and EVOO for $9! The boys did pretty well considering there were no high chairs. I went in knowing it would be chaotic and not a dinner to leisurely sit and chat.

I think I miss Sunday afternoons together more than anything else during the school year- even more than all the nights alone. I'm so glad we get to spend then together for the next couple months!

Here's a video from a month ago, or so. It's pretty funny. (Don't mind my voice...I hate hearing me voice on these things!)

3 comments:

  1. Ahh, so precious. Love the video!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl, you are styling in those cars!! haha. ;-) Glad you have your Sunday's together again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let me tell you, I liked that Maserati...haha! I'd be styling until I stuck the two car seats in the back=)

    ReplyDelete