Thursday, August 12, 2010

Anniversary

Last week was our fourth anniversary. Next year will be five and that's just weird. Not so "newlywed" sounding anymore. I guess we hardly qualify for newlyweds since we have two kids. I was just going to cook something, since eating out was not an option. Then on our anniversary we received a gift card from my Grandparents to Macaroni Grill! What a sweet blessing!! Since I didn't have to cook I did some extra cleaning and a little decorating. It's always so much fun to look at pictures and remember. I put this picture up so you could notice the picture on the far right. That was Conner's contribution. He came out and saw me decorating and said proudly, "I go get Conner!" He climbed up on the piano bench to get down a picture of himself and then added it to the display. I thought that was so cute.

This framed verse was a gift from my Mom shortly after we started dating. Mr. Bruce Thompson wrote out the verse for us with our names inserted. It's very special to me now.

Our yummy meal. Isn't Macaroni Grill bread the best?? Since we had a free meal, we splurged and got a cheap wine. I'm not a huge red wine person, but this Zinfandel is one of my favorites!

While Zack when to pick up the food, I put the boys to bed. Conner had refused to nap that day, so was good and tired. Both the boys fell promptly asleep. Yelling children in the background does not make for a very romantic meal. We had such a wonderful time. We talked and remembered and thought about the future. It was so simple, yet so wonderful and relaxing.
Happy Anniversary to my wonderful husband!!

1 comment:

  1. Look romantic, and delicious! I am picky when it comes to red wine, but have learned to enjoy Merlot. I prefer chardonnay! But, maybe I should try the Zinfandel. :)

    ReplyDelete