Monday, August 23, 2010

The Letter "C"

Today we talked about the letter "C". Obviously, that is Conner's favorite letter and he has known of it for quite awhile. I'm trying to do a little preschool with him, but it's quite challenging. He's smart, but definitely has a little boy's attention span. He also wants to "do by himself" everything. He doesn't want me to explain to him what we're doing or how to do it. Apparently, he already knows how to do everything.=)

I got out some glue sticks, scissors, magazines and construction paper. We made these.


Conner was excited about the Camero. I cut out several letter C's as well.



I made one too. I love doing stuff like that. I decided "C" is one of my favorite letters, too. So many wonderful things start with "C" like, Creme brulee, cheese, California, capuccino...



Coffee...what a wonderful letter. This is my favorite mug.



Conner lost interest after about 15 min. He wandered over to the bookshelf and pointed out the letter "C" on the Copland books. Being the nerd I am, we went over to the CD shelf and picked out a Copland orchestral CD. We then looked around the room and found other objects that start with C. (Shep loves clocks, but he calls them "docks" and says, "dock-dock" for "tick-tock")

We lit a candle. See the teeth marks on the back? Shep did that. He thought it was food.

Well, that was about all the learning they could take. It was time for a morning swim. Shep needed to wash all the ink off his face, anyway. I tried to occupy him with some stamps while Conner and I did our project...it got a little messy.

4 comments:

  1. How fun, Molly! And what a smart boy that he was able to identify the 'C' on that book!

    I had to laugh out loud how you matter-of-factedly pointed out the teeth marks on that candle. So cute!

    I loved doing letter recognition with the kids. We used to draw it in shaving cream and roll it out in peanut butter playdoh (because you know that want to eat the playdoh at that age;)). Part of my degree is in Early Childhood Education, so you are talking my 'language.'

    Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you have a lot of fun teaching your boys! :) Love the coffee mug.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute. I thought that mug said "Gluten" at the top at first and I was like WHAT? Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mandy...lol!!

    Karen, I need to find a recipe for peanut butter playdoh. Neither of they really eat it, but I think they would enjoy that! After I saw your comment, we got some of our homemade regular playdoh out and made letters. Conner enjoyed that a lot! Then I taught them how to cute long playdoh rolls into little pieces with plastic knifes. They thought that was just about the coolest thing ever...boys and knives...haha!

    ReplyDelete