Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Growing and Changing

Boy update! The boys have both changed so much this summer. Conner is now very much a little boy and Shep very much a toddler. They are quickly becoming partners in crime=)

Conner is 2 1/2 now. You can definitely have conversations with him. Lately, he's been saying, "Sometime when I grow bigger..." He is very ambitious and has lots of plans for when he's bigger.

Shep is 15 months. He is quickly catching up with Conner in size. (Conner is 32 lbs and 37 1/2 in tall) Shep will have an appointment next week, but I can tell he's grown quite a bit. He's talking A LOT now. A couple weeks ago we were all in the car on our way back home from getting a cold treat. I was using it as a lesson in politeness for the boys. I said, "Conner, tell Daddy thank-you." He said, "Thank you." Then I said, "Shep, tell Daddy thank-you." To which he said, "Day-doo." I just looked at him and asked Zack if Shep had just said that. Now he tells me thank-you almost every time I give him anything, totally unprompted! I know he knows a whole lot more than I think! He can identify his hair, eyes, ears, nose, tongue, belly and toes. I was reading a book to him and asking him where different things were and though he can't say them all yet, he identified them. He can say at least 20 words.

Here are the boys playing in the sand at the Stanton's house last Sunday morning. There is nothing like getting dirty.








Shep is making dog noises here. He can make lots of animal sounds.
Both boys love books. I hope it sticks with them! Shep will bring you a book and slowly back up (walking backwards is his new favorite thing) and plop on your lap.
I'm sure I'll post again tomorrow. It's our anniversary!






No comments:

Post a Comment