Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Books, books, books!

One of the best things about this summer (except for the getting to sleep until 8 am every other day and having my husband home around 6 pm!) is that I've gotten to read a lot. The boys are finally starting to play together some, so I can sometimes sneak in some reading while they play (can't do housework all the time=). Zack and I have been wanting to re-read the Chronicles of Narnia for quite sometime. I only read two of them growing up and after seeing the two movies that are out really want to read the whole series. I found 6 of them for 2.99 each at Borders! They are hardbound and have the original pictures.

Here's what I've read:

Old Curiosity Shop by Charles Dickins (I started this one in Dec and finally got back to it)

This Momentary Marriage by John Piper

Sacred Parenting by Gary Thomas

Hudson and Maria Taylor: a Match Made in Heaven by John Pollack

Julie and Julia (This is one of my favorite movies. The movie is much better...I was a little disappointed that the real Julie is nothing like the Julie in the movie)

John and Betty Stam by Kathleen White

Books 1-6 of the Chronicles of Naria. Starting the 7th on tomorrow!

What have you been reading this summer??

5 comments:

  1. Oh fun, I've been trying to read as much as I can too. What did you think about the book by John Pollack? I might try to find that one.

    I started Julie and Julia way back in the spring. And I'm only half way through it. I have to admit I am *deeply* disappointed in it. Have to agree she was nothing like Julia from the movie, plus it is just so...crude. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been reading a lot, also. For myself and prereading for the kiddos. Ramona, Number the Stars, The Giver, Walden, Mere Christianity, Mark Twain's Joan of Arc....

    I heard the real Julie's blog has a lot of potty mouth words. I haven't checked it out, but that kept me from getting her book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. After I wrote this blog I thought, I really should have written I was VERY disappointed in the book Julie and Julia. I prefer the cute, sweet Julia that wears pearls while she cooks=)

    Yes, I would highly recommend the Pollack book!! It is one of my favorites! Very inspiring. I read it a few years back and had been wanting to reread it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Andrew and I are reading the Narnia Series together too! We started some time ago, and it's been slow going, but we both love those books. We're also reading Hedge of Thorns.

    I've been working my way through the New Testament this year which I'm loving. I'm also reading Taking Charge of Your Fertility, Created to Be His Helpmeet, and The Excellent Wife.

    ReplyDelete
  5. what did you think of Piper's book? I've been wanting to read it.

    ReplyDelete