Saturday, February 11, 2012

best gift ever



I got the best gift every this afternoon. After working on his dissertation all day, Zack needed to run to school to print a few things and get his books to prep for teaching next week. He loaded up the boys and I got one-and-a-half-whole hours ALONE...at my house. Unfortunately, I had to run to the grocery store for a few things to last us over the week-end, but I got out of there as quick as possible and just got to enjoy being home alone. When your kids don't nap, this is especially amazing. I went for a short walk, made some pumpkin bread, finished putting the laundry away and uploaded some pictures. Crazy how many things you can fit into 1 1/2 hrs when there are no kiddos around. Thank you to my wonderful husband.


We had a fun, busy week! In addition to our weekly activities, we got together with 3 different friends. It was fun to catch up. We road bikes, played at the park and picnicked. I feel like I can finally have an actual conversation with the other mom when we do play dates. Before it was mostly chase your kids around and try to say a word or two here or there. I like this new stage of having a 4 year old and almost 3 year old!


When we took a meal to a friend last Monday, the boys got to practice being big brothers! They each got a turn holding our friend's 3 wk old. They were so excited. They loved it. I knew Conner would want to hold the baby. He washed his hands ahead of time. Shep surprised me and asked to have a turn holding the baby. Maybe there is hope! I'm thinking it might be a little different though, when it's our baby and not someone else's Lately, he's been saying, "I'm going to kiss the baby and then I'm going to throw him." Yep, that's Shep.


Here are a few pictures from today. Conner has started having "homework" at school. He was so proud. He's doing a colors homework page. He actually read most the color words on his own. I didn't know he could do that.





Next, we got all his valentines ready to take to class on Monday for the V-Day party. He had to sign his name twelve times. Hard work for a 4 year old!


Shep wanted the Yoda card and wanted it taped onto his shirt.




Always trying to think of rest time games that might keep them occupied enough that I get more than 10 minutes of uninterrupted time to myself. They were excited about the puppet show idea, but it didn't work out as well as I had hoped. Shep kept pretending to shoot Conner's puppets as they acted. That didn't go over real well. My boys are so different.



Happy Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment