Wednesday, February 1, 2012

random

A few random phone pictures

Here are the boys at Amy's ice cream for Conner's 4th birthday.


Shep discovered a pretty awesome hiding spot while riding bikes the other day. It's just perfect for little boys. He called it his jungle.



I'm not one to get many pregnancy cravings, but I always (pregnant or not) have a bit of a sweet tooth. I'd been wanting one of these for quite awhile. I ate extra healthy all day, so I wouldn't feel quite as guilty:) We even got one for daddy and dropped it off at school for a surprise.

Oh, P. Terry's I will miss you when we leave Austin. I was parked at a light, by the way. I promise I didn't take this while driving.





Random thoughts:


-Shep has pink eye and I'm starting to suspect it's spreading to his other eye. Pink eye really stinks because we can't really go anywhere while he's contagious and since he doesn't feel sick, the boys are getting pretty wild. We played outside this morning when there would be no kids around.

-We had a talk about how super important it is to wash our hands right now and not touch our faces. Conner came running in from the back porch area last night exclaiming, "Mom, Shep got too close to me. Is my eye purple now?"


-We're wearing short sleeves and shorts today and it's February 1st.


-I really want to find a good place to take the boys hiking. We haven't really done that before. Lately, I've been thinking up quite a list of things I want to do with them before baby comes and life gets even crazier. If you live in the Austin area, any kid-friendly hiking spots you can recommend?


-Shep can do flips. I caught him doing real flips on the bed recently. Not a fan of that. He's only 2 1/2.


-The boys have gotten bored with just riding their bikes, so they try to do tricks now. Why can't they just ride their bikes?? Why do boys always have to add an element of danger?


-I will be full-term next month. This baby is sneaking up on me. April 15th still seems pretty far away to me because of all that has to happen between now and then, but I know it's going to be here before I know it!


Happy Tuesday!

3 comments:

  1. Try Wild Basin Preserve for hiking. They have nice trails and free guided hikes some weekends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so sorry to hear about the pink eye, and i second the vote for wild basin, we did it last spring and annie really enjoyed it. short and sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here's a website with some kid-friendly hiking info:

    http://www.growingupaustin.com/austin-kids-hike-parenting/

    ReplyDelete