Saturday, March 27, 2010

Big Week for Conner

So, Conner (anyone who knows him well is NOT going to believe this) has weaned himself from his passie. He just doesn't ask for it anymore. Last night he fell asleep without it for the first time in his 26 months of life. He never asked for it and never cried. Wow...that was painless. It took him until almost 10 pm to fall asleep (I think the passie relaxes him), but it usually takes him awhile to fall asleep anyway.

In other news, Conner also stopped napping this week. He gave up his morning nap on the young side, so it didn't surprise me when he gave up his afternoon nap young as well. My mom-in-law said her boys were all pretty young. Guess it runs in the genes=) He still has to have an hour of alone time (for both our sanity) in his room. He usually lays or stands as close to his door as possible without technically being out of his room...haha. Yesterday he actually fell asleep for a little while, so that was nice.

So yes, in addition to starting the potty training journey Conner gave up both his nap and his passie. Guess I really have a big boy now!!

I just have to gush on the weather lately!! IT.IS.AMAZING! We walked to the grocery story a little bit ago for some fresh produce. Sunny, 80 and a slight breeze. Not a cloud in the sky. Oh, I can't wait to be able to swimming soon! It won't be long now.

I also can't wait til we can be a family on the week-ends. I was kinda sad last night. Zack didn't get home until almost 8 pm and still had lots to do. I look forward to the day when we can do fun Friday night things. I can't wait til we can go for walks or to the park or to the farmer's market on Saturdays. It will be so much fun to do "family things". Ok, so I didn't mean to end this post on a sad note.

6 comments:

  1. Wahoo, Conner!!! Those are all big boy things!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. way to go Conner! I can't believe how fast he is growing up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awe, that must be a biter sweet thing to realize you have a big boy now! :)

    Yay for happy weather! I'm kinda on the reverse, the last couple of weeks have been really stressful for me with work related stuff, so I've been working on the weekends too, but I finally took a break this Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow... he is getting big. I remember when my stopped taking their naps...I think I mourned for a while=). But I did make them do a quiet time, like you are doing. I pulled out special books for them to look at during that time. After a while it became part of my much needed routine. (I needed to have a time for my mind to rest=)...
    I hope you get some family time this weekend. I know it will help you feel refreshed for the week.
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karen, I did mourn! After three days of me trying to get him to nap, I suddenly realized he wasn't going to anymore. I cried and then I was better. In some ways it is nice because it frees us up to do some things in the afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My boys have just stopped taking their afternoon naps. Now they take just one in the morning and I thought that was bad!!

    ReplyDelete