Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Little Encouragements

Isn't it nice how God gives little encouragements when you need them most?

Potty training has not been going so well. I'm trying to remember that we're calling it "potty leaning" and it takes time. He isn't going to learn over night. I knew it would be a slow process, but I didn't think that it would be this slow. Having to stop through out the day and take time for potty breaks has gotten old for both me and Conner. This tired Momma has enough on her plate. God knew both Conner and I needed some encouragement. I was watching Conner and thought maybe he needed to go, but I was too tired to mess with it. Then a miracle happened. He went over to the potty on his own and sat down! I was so excited and made a big deal about it and gave him a prize. When I checked his training pants he had already gone a little in his pants, but that's ok. It was the first time he had realized he was going and tried to do it in the potty. He was just a little late on the timing.

Both boys have been a handful lately. Neither of them have slept well at night or during the day for awhile. It's easy for me to get discouraged and think I'm not a very good Mom and wonder why everyone else seems to have perfect kids. It's so hard to see progress at this age! God allowed me to see some sweetness and progress in Conner last night. Shep was trying to drink for this cup that his a little straw. He was tipping it back to try to drink, but since it has a straw you have to hold the cup down. I might also add that it was Conner's cup of water. Not only did Conner willingly share the water with Shep, but I looked over and he was helping Shep. He was holding the cup down for him to help him drink it.

I know both of those things seem very small, but they encouraged me and reminded me that what I'm doing IS important and that Conner IS learning and growing.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Molly...I'm right there with you! Tired and weary. Wait...weary? I'm way past that! :) And it's so hard for me to not grow weary in doing good.

    I often have people tell me "it gets better" - and sometimes I look at them and think, "Yeah, right - your kids are older than mine and they actually HELP you rather than poop on your floor" and other times, it is an encouragement. And really, it DOES get better - I've been there with two little bitty ones. It's hard. As they go through little growth spurts and phases, there will be something that is wearying and there will be somethings that are encouraging, but it DOES get better.

    You also have a husband who is in school full-time and that's an added pressure for you.

    All I can do is encourage you, as I do myself, to NOT grow weary in doing good. In addition to surrounding yourself with friends who will encourage you and admonish you and immersing yourself in the Word...remind yourself over and over - as you've done here - exactly what you've said. What you're doing IS important. It is very important. And Conner IS learning and growing. And so is his Mommy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gina, thank you so much for your sweet encouragements. I've been lonely lately and just worn out.

    Thank you for reminding me that I am learning and growing through this, too.

    ReplyDelete