Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Preschool Time

I've started having a preschool time with Conner for a few minutes during Shep's morning nap. I'm trying to make it a fun, relaxed time of learning! I love teaching. It's so exciting when the light comes on and he understands something! He seems to love learning, too.

First we'll read a story from his bible.



Then we'll work on some letters. Today we used a letter sticker book Mom got him. We also have letter stickers and letter flashcards.

Next we do numbers. Conner can count to 10 well and can count to 20 with help. He can identify some of the numbers, so we're working on that and on counting objects. Today we lined up number flashcards and read a book called "Let's Count Baby Animals". We have number stamps.

I try to incorporate colors and shapes into everything for review.

I'm trying to help him to learn how to follow directions when doing activities. Conner will be starting Sunday school in September. I'm a little anxious about it, since he's never been to preschool or mother's day out, due to lack of money. He goes to story time, so I hope that will help him with learning how to sit still and follow directions. It's hard for me to picture him in Sunday school. I'm trying to remember though, that he will be almost 3 years old at the end of Sept. He'll be different than he is now.



No comments:

Post a Comment