Saturday, March 20, 2010

I'm a Big Boy!

Shep really thinks he's a big boy. He thinks he can do whatever Conner does. It's funny how the second child learns certain things much younger just from watching an older sibling(s). I handed him a fork one day to see what he would do with it. He knew just what to do and began to feed himself mango chunks.

He usually favors his right hand, but today he decided to try eating with his left some.




Last night Shep officially slept through the night. He went to bed at 6:30, woke up at 5 am, nursed and went back to sleep until 6:40 am. Woohoo!! I really hope this is a new trend, but I try not to get too excited=P

Shep is real good at clapping and making the "Indian sound" with his hand and mouth. He LOVES to go outside and gets positively giddy if I reach for my keys or start walking towards the door. He loves to go for walks and points the whole time. Conner and I were trying to teach him animals sounds and he growls for all of them.

He's taking steps and loves to show off his walking skills=) I can't believe he'll be one in just a little over 6 weeks! Since I never wrote his birth story or the events leading up to his birth, I'm going to do that soon in honor of his birthday! Stay tuned...

2 comments:

  1. Don't you just love when they begin using their fine motor skills? It's so precious...he's so precious! Were you hurting from him not nursing and sleeping that long? Although, your body is probably adjusting since he is eating big food.
    And I look forward to hearing his birth story soon=)...
    Have a good day, Molly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, he's only nursing about twice a day now. I don't think I have a whole lot of milk left. I think he's nursing more for comfort than for food.

    ReplyDelete