Monday, March 8, 2010

Meltdown Monday

Today has been a day of meltdowns. The kind of day when in trying to help a child get over a meltdown, I introduce something else to do that ends up causing another meltdown. I think little boys get PMS, too. Actually, my kids (especially the oldest one) doesn't get enough sleep. I think that contributes to the problem.

I've been thinking about the Steve Green song "Holding Hands" lately. It was sung at our wedding. I love this song.

One day, far away,
you gently won my heart,
and one night by candle light
we made a vow to never part.
And then it seemed just like a dream
when wide-eyed, side by side,
we faced the future holding hands.

Years fly; they hurry by.
The simple times are gone.
Bills due; a kid or two.
A week can feel eight days long.
By fading light let's kiss good night,
and then we trace God's daily grace,
thankful we're still holding hands.

There's a hope that won't let go.
There's a truth we know;
God is holding us in His arms.

Thoughts stray far away
to all that lies ahead;
in frail days, when strength fades,
will we still mean all that we said?
Our love's secure, so rest assured,
come way may, 'til that day
we'll walk forever holding hands.

By God's grace, 'til that day
we'll walk forever holding hands.

The second verse really describes our life right now. I'm so grateful that I get to hold Zack's hand through it all and that God holds us in His hands. Right now the 2 years until Zack's done with school seem to be about 20 years. I miss him.







No comments:

Post a Comment