Friday, March 26, 2010

Prayer

I have been convicted lately that I don't pray enough for my children. The last few days I have been making a concerted effort to pray for them more. To pray for their salvation, for behavorial issues and for patience and wisdom in disciplining them.

God has blessed it! I feel so much more joy and energy. I know my children are a blessing and heritage from the LORD, but I have been praying that I would see them more and more that way. What a privilege to raise children for his kingdom!

Conner has been struggling a lot with obedience and anger lately. Some days I felt like he didn't obey one thing I said and usually did quite the opposite. He's the child that if when you tell him to stay in his room will very slowly inch his feet forward until he reaches the door way and watch you for your reaction as he slowly pushes a foot across the threshold. Today he did much better.

Bedtimes and naptimes have continued to be a struggle as well. The past few weeks have been rough. It isn't unusual for it to take him 2 hrs to go to sleep at night. He gave his nap up this week, too. I've been praying for his sleeping and God has been answering. Conner has slept through the night the past two nights and has slept til well after 7. Tonight a MIRACLE happened. Conner was sitting on the loveseat looking through a car magazine I found for free at the library. He walked over to Zack and I around 8 pm and said, "Good night Momma, good night dada" and walked into his room and sat on his bed. He has been laying quietly looking through books since. This has NEVER happened. He has NEVER volunteered to go to bed. We just looked at each other and laughed.

I really think God is trying to tell me that he does bless those who seek him. When I try to be a Mom in my own strength I am discouraged, overwhelmed and down right sad at times. A few days ago I really felt like I couldn't do it anymore...I felt like a failure. God has been so gracious. I don't know why I continue to doubt Him and blame Him when things aren't going right in my life.

Thank you God for what you have been teaching me about my own heart. Thank you for giving me a desire to seek you. Thank you for allowing me to see progress in the life of my children. I feel so young and inadequate. Thank you GOD that you are faithful when I am so faithless.

2 comments:

  1. Molly, thank you thank you Thank YOU for sharing this! I needed to read this right now. You are doing such a wonderful job with your little boys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ^ditto. Thanks for sharing. I need to pray for Jack, with Jack and about my parenting of Jack more often. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete